One of the greatest challenges of anyone looking to build a website and grow an online business is what to use to build their website with. It’s a challenging question because you need to figure out the answers to many questions, like:
- Do I use software on my computer or ‘in the cloud’ (hosted online)?
- Do I go with a website designer or design my own?
- Do I go with the recommendation of others or spend days/weeks researching the options?
- Do I need a website or a blog or both?
- Can I do this myself or should I hire a professional?
- What does my website need to be set up for making money?
Creating the Website
The first thing to think about is the type of site you want to create. This will allow you to compile specific information for your site and target potential advertisers within the same market. You will also be able to target certain keywords so your site is found in specific internet searches.
Next, consider how you want to build your site. Are you going to keep the site fresh by updating regularly with blog posts? For those who use WordPress as their platform, this is a great idea because every new post will automatically be pinged by the search engines courtesy of the free plugins WordPress offers. This keeps your site relevant and ranking high in the search engines.
However, if you are pressed for time and don’t think you can keep up with writing regular blog posts, creating a site with static pages is a solution. Another option is to purchase PLR articles and rewrite them for your websites’ content.
Keep in mind that there isn’t a rule limiting you to just one website. You can have more than one website advertising your products and/or services, which will help generate more income.
After you’ve created your WordPress websites, you can make money in the following ways:
- Pay Per Click Ads: Google Adsense allows you to place ads on your website and get paid each time those ads are clicked on by a reader. The only problem is that you may be waiting a while to gain enough clicks in order to reach your payout. For instance, Google requires you to earn $100 before disbursement occurs.While you can place as many ads as you want on your websites, you may not want to fill up the pages as this can be distracting to visitors and have the opposite effect of what you want. Instead, monitor your site and change things up until you’re satisfied with the results.
- Affiliate Marketing: There are many affiliate marketing programs out there that you can make money with. Basically, you find a product related to your niche and sign up as an affiliate. You can then advertise the product on your website and when someone buys that product, you receive a commission for it.
- Product Sales: This is similar to affiliate marketing, but generally the products being advertised were created and/or designed by you such as coffee mugs, t-shirts and e-books.
- Paid Advertising: Paid advertising allows you to sell space on your websites to other business owners for advertising purposes. For instance, a business owner may pay you to place a box ad or a banner ad on your website. Paid advertising is usually done month-to-month or by the year, giving you a great opportunity to earn instant income.
- Membership Sites: You can also earn money by creating your own paid membership site. This works by providing little tidbits of free information on your current site, but requiring readers to pay for the “good stuff.” Once they pay for a membership, they will have access to another site you’ve created with the in-depth information they’re looking for.
Everything suggested above can easily be done through WordPress. Once you create your website and develop a strategy, continue to duplicate the process and watch your income increase. There’s no reason you can’t supplement your income by making additional money through your WordPress website!
There’s no quick fix for making fast money but my coaching program can guide you in the right direction.